Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Season for Healing
If you are looking for books-- you can skip this.
Accidents, such as fender bender or a broken wrist, intrude on normal routines. While that seems obvious and I hear duh's from my two readers, I never seem to learn that lesson. It has been nearly 3 months since I slipped and broke my right wrist, and I'm still recovering. In fact, the recovery process will be around one year, according to my orthopedist.

Although I can type and drive again, I am still limited by the need to rest my hand frequently--that and copious amounts of acetomenophin (sp). The other lesson which comes during these times, is that others also will be experiencing more traumatic or as traumatic experiences. So at MPOW, one person was let go for budgetary reasons, and another started chemotherapy at roughly the same time.

I don't know the ultimate purpose God can do with these incidents as Romans 8:28 says, but I know He is working through these. I am learning to celebrate small successes--such as turning a doorknob with my right hand or buttering a piece of bread with a knife with my right hand instead of the back of a spoon with my left hand. Some of the healing has definitely been in repairing my gratitude and thankfulness. If I go any farther, I will become entangled in too many doctrinal issues.

No comments: