Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Season to be self-disciplined

I’ve noticed that many of my favorite bloggers have slacked off in their posting. The reasons range from physical injury to other interests. Since my blogging activities have also suffered a decline, I feel I am in good company. However, there is much to be said for practicing the discipline of writing. Part of the problem I have found with the blogging issue is that I want to create links to other blogs and to websites, rather than just writing, These activities create additional steps usually come at the end of the writing so I don't lose my thought and at exactly the time I am interrupted by a phone call or student.
So I decided to create blog entries offline and enter them. thus practicing writing and creating the initial stage so that the hyperlinks can be identified and quickly added. One of my favorite reads on discipline is Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline which has just celebrated its 20th anniversary. You can also find audio recordings and workbooks if you are so inclined.
Now back to my irregular life.

No comments: