Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving ( no links here)

This season, I'm particularly thankful not so much for a new building and new staff, although both have been a blessing. I'm thankful for my colleagues in ACL and friends here who have come through illnesses, surgeries and other personal and family emergencies for this year. You are in my thoughts and prayers and you know who you are.

Thanks to the connections of the discussion list, Facebook groups, my world is richer, not just busier. Many other people have written how blogging and reading blogs has helped them professionally and my apologies for not singling out those posts. I would add that blogs, wikis, and social software help build friendships and collegiality beyond what conferences can do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: