Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Book Clubs

With summer's arrival, maybe more of you will have time to read for pleasure. Here are two links to inspire you. BookMoot has a post on Faith in Literature. She is asking for other titles in the area. Collecting My Thoughts also mentions a few books, although not necessarily regarding faith.

As for me, I have a club of one and have started a blog where I am placing lists I have used for displays called "Fine Print" here over the past few years. As we move to our new building, I suspect that this display link is going to morph into something more electronic with a smaller display truck. So far, the new blog is still in formation. I plan to set links to other bookclubs as well as more links with the books posted themselves. I also am looking for lists of books people have read more than once not because they were required to but because they enjoyed it so much. Were you disappointed the second or third visit?

And in some small way, this is a tribute to my mother and my late Aunt who always set the example by reading for pleasure as well as profit. Happy Mother's Day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I recently started a site called CurlingUp.com for people who love reading and discussing books. We would love to invite you to come and join us. The site was built to give members the opportunity to create on-line book clubs/discussions, post book reviews, and book news.

The site is just over a month old so we are reaching out to the literary blogging community to let them know about us. Please stop by and let us know what you think.

Great blog...keep it up!

Lori Richards said...

I can't even begin to list the books I have read more than once. Very few are so bad that they are discarded with only one use! lol

Since you appear to love books as much as I do, you may want to check out my site:

BookWise - A Book Club That Pays