Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Personal Items

I usually don't write about personal matters here because--well--they're personal. I share them with people I have met and known long before blogging or know personally now. This is not meant to offend anyone, but I do think context helps when seeing yet another picture or post about family matters or a problem. For instance, one of my cousins writes a l-0-0-0-n-g letter every 2-3 months about the doings of her family. Sometimes the news she conveys doesn't always resound well with others. However, I like keeping up with her family and have a better idea of what is going on in her life and her family's than I do with some of my brothers and sisters who are too busy to write anything.

However, here are a few items that have happened this week. First, I came back from a mini-vacation to learn that a dear friend had gone to be with the Lord last Thursday. If you knew Barbara Nelson, this link provides a guestbook to pay your respects her.

On a lighter note, my nephew, Riley, is here this week. I'm definitely checking to see if a certain drumline succeeds. (He's the timpanist, I think. He's too small to play a drum.) Since he's only 13, I hope he is able to go to more contests in the future.

No comments: