Thursday, July 20, 2006

Connections
Have you noticed the increase in videos on the Internet? Even Rick Warren is here. I haven't watched all of the followup by Dan Bennett but from what I heard, I know whom I want by the bedside of someone dying or gravely ill. The TED site has more video presentations. I discovered this via PresentationZen . Now TED blog does have the script to put this talk into my blog; however, I'm not even up to scanning documents or uploading pictures. No one's fault but my own, and these tasks are items I intend to start correcting today because I've been assigned the task of updating our library tour. h-m-m-m. I'm thinking podcasting (check that out on Google. Lots of libraries have podcasts for tours) and doing a paper walking tour using pictures and a map of our current library. Unfortunately, the map is not in a .gif or.jpeg format so I have to scan it. I took some more pictures last night, but need to upload them. Since the dock is in another librarian's office who is here only Monday-Wednesday, this may take time.

I really mean it when I say I'm not a techie person, so please don't laugh too hard when I try to explain what I'm doing.

My goal is to provide a variety of ways to tour the library from virtual to real with the view toward items we can just update in our new library. I'd show pictures, but I need to obtain permission.

Do you have a podcast or videocast of your library activities? What's preventing you fromusing this avenue of communication?

BTW, thanks for the facebook invites. Please send messages. I'm being reduced to reading spam!

No comments: