Thursday, April 27, 2006

Endings and Beginnings

While waiting for the local snack shop to prepare my cheesesteak sandwich, I'm wondering how much banality I can dish out about the end of another semester, another school year. So here's my checklist for now:
Finish reference statistics
Finish my presentation for ACL -- find another practice time with willing victims--er listeners.
Finish cleaning up my messy office--I don't want the messiest office award again.
Are there any people I should be thanking?
Continued later
-- Review this publication. After 3 years, I'm ready to reassess the direction this is going.
We end the experience with our students and faculty by dressing up, giving speeches, and going to parties. But for those of us who work here it often feels like just another part of the work experience.

No comments: