Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Spring Cleaning

This week, I want to pause a minute and mention some links I found that didn't appear in my posts as I had intended. Then later this week, I will post some sites and information to start April off.

The early part of the March features World Book Day At this juncture, the most important pages would be the links to authors from the past two years in the archives.

Actually the first of March seemed like overkill because of National Library Lover's Month in February. And with Read Across America on the Second as well as the previously mentioned World Book Day on the 3rd, I was set to look for some other items.
"Faith in a Box",an article from the Parents Television Council which examines prime time television's use and/or mention of religion. Not surprisingly, PAX television had the most positive mention of religion of all networks with CBS second. Check out the statistical appendix.

In addition, the PTC has reviews of television shows and movies which would certainly be helpful for parents.

And just for the fun of it: World Sunlight Map is inspiring and reminds me of a line from Hopkins "Because the Holy Ghost over the bent/
World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings." (God's Grandeur)
Welcome to Poetry Month!

No comments: