Friday, April 02, 2004

Lillies, Tulips, Easter, and Spring

This morning at my favorite coffee shop, I saw Tulips which must have come from a hothouse because it's still a little early for them. That observation segued into locating biblical resources about plants, especially lillies which are obviously more closely associated with Easter.

All the Plants of the Bible has wonderful photographs of actual plants or artistic depictions from biblical architecture as well as a description of the plant as found in the Middle East.
The site was last updated in 2003

Plants of the Bible is from the WebBible Encyclopedia which I'm going to have to investigate further. I liked the easy to use list of all the referenced plants. In fact this reminded me somewhat of Herbert Lockyer's series of books such as All the Men of the Bible, All the Holy days and Holidays, All the children of the Bible, etc. for this website is grouping information similarly.

No comments: