Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Something New

As you have noticed, I've lost most of my enthusiasm for writing posts.  The reasons are various, but I want to try something a little different once a week.  I'm going to search for a term or concept and then post the links to the results. I have no particular reason, except I need a change. 
I am giving credit or blame to a couple of postings that came across my desk:
A YouTube about Blogger http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hPhFc6GqVdU
thanks to LoneWolf Librarian http://lonewolflibrarian.wordpress.com/
and an e-mail sales pitch about serendipity.

"Creativity springs from numerous sources, including logic, genius, and culture—but often its source is chance or, more providentially, serendipity. Webster’s defines serendipity as “the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for,” while mythologist Joseph Campbell referred to it as “a thousand unseen helping hands.” Picture, if you will, Archimedes as one of its spokespersons, running dripping but triumphant from his bath through the streets of Syracuse, having stumbled on the theory of buoyancy by sheer dumb luck and being open to the moment of discovery.
Creativity is a wellspring of joy, a source of health and well-being, and to both our benefit and detriment, the engine of human change. What’s the science behind it? "From: PSYCINFO [mailto:PSYCINFO@LISTS.APA.ORG] On Behalf Of Anne Breitenbach]  the rest of the post covers several articles about research into creativity.  The emphasis is mine. 
So, while I still intend to do my main purpose, I'm going to practise some creativity here.  Who knows? Maybe it will get your creative juices flowing, too.

No comments: