Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Simple Gifts

I do not plan to post any more until after New Year's Day. However, I will be posting a couple of items today. The first is a list of books that I'm going to send with WorldCat links but I found them at a link to Amazon.com via Books & Culture. I think this list would be welcomed as a display at many academic libraries. In the past WorldCat links have timed out. I hope these don't because I personally like just looking at a page and If I want, can link to Amazon from the World Cat page or choose any links to libraries who own the copy in my area. I haven't tried my WorldCat account, but I would hope I could also request an ILL if I logged in.

The Hundred Dollar Holiday by Bill McKibben. And Amazon did its usual connections and added the following as well :

Unplug the Christmas Machine by Jo Robinson and Jean Coppock Staehli

Simplify Your Christmas by Elaine St. James

Celebrate Simply by Nancy Twig

This must be the penultimate 101 Ways to Say Merry Christmas for less than $25 by John Williams Malone and Paul Baldwin

And although it's not a Christmas book, The Freedom of Simplicity by Richard Foster, examines how we can live a more fulfilling life.

Merry Christmas

No comments: