Thursday, October 26, 2006

Psst--wanna List?

The top must reads have been cropping up all over the place. I saw mention of "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" in almost every blog about books which I read . The title begs the question a little bit. Although I don't keep a reading list, I checked what I had read and discovered my major focus was in 19th century literature.

Christianity Today--in honor of it's 50th anniversary-- published "The Top 50 books that Shaped Evangelical Christianity" none of which I saw in the 1001. (I had to find this via a blog because somehow this article wasn't easily retrievable from CT's site) Then there is the Ultimate Teen Reading list," not to mention these usual lists. A-A-A-R-G-H. Please make it stop. My self esteem is low enough without being reminded of how much I have to read.

If you're looking for an unusual twist of lists try Awesome Stories.com -- which is a site that provides primary source material for children about famous and historical events. And it's free to librarians, educators, and schools. There is even a section for religion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Linda, I'm just now catching up on blogs. If you like lists, this site can drive you crazy (it does me...)
http://www.listsofbests.com/

Grace