Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Thought I’d take a minute to introduce myself as a contributor. I’m Karen Wilber, Continuing Education Coordinator at the Tampa Bay Library Consortium . I’m also a part-time seminary student at St. Petersburg Theological Seminary and soon to be mommy in fall 2004. I became interested in blogging in late 2001 and have managed TBLC’s Readers’ Advisory blog “Good Reads” since then. It’s still a work in progress… My own blog “Along the Way” is down for repairs right now.

I recently attended ALA in Orlando and thought I’d give a quick report on the FOCLIS breakfast on Monday.

The group met at the Rosen Plaza for breakfast, socializing, and a talk by radio commentator and professor, Steve Brown of Key Life Network. Steve spoke about grace and about being a light to others as we are a minority – a point not lost on those attending ALA. He had to make the program short due to a flight to CBA in Atlanta. He is there now to promote a new book published by Howard Publishing entitled A Scandalous Freedom

FOCLIS is always a welcome respite from conference events and I learn something new at each program. So I’ll close with a quote from Steve’s speech: “When it gets dark enough, a little light will do.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for the update on FOCLIS. And congratulations and best wishes on your soon-to-come baby.

Linda