Tuesday, June 15, 2004

More Conference notes

Since I didn't take notes as I went along, this will be just a few highlights. There were times I wished I could divide myself between two workshops. This was especially true of the workshop on Christian detective stories and the workshop on the librarian's role in faith and learning. Fortunately we have enough repeat workshops that I was able to attend some I missed because of my own presentation on blogging. Blessings on those who gave up their time to present twice.

The banquet was one of the best ever at the Conferences and we've had some great banquets. And while I'm not a connoisseur of Country Western Music, the Horsecreek Band and Rednecker were outstanding.

Post Conference activities included doing the outlet malls at Branson on Friday and going to Silver Dollar City on Saturday. My biggest impression was how genuinely nice and friendly everyone at these places was. As a former Midwesterner, I used to take that for granted.

No comments: